1. Have your hearing aid checked regularly to monitor for battery power and functionality. Properly clean and dry your hearing aid daily with a soft, dry cloth. Don’t forget to pack extra batteries if you are going outstation. Call us at 03 2282 1882, we would be more than happy to assist to check your hearing aid system. Visit us at any of our Clarisound shops.
2. Avoid conversation across long distances. If you need to talk, move closer or ask if you can continue the conversation when you sit closer together.
3. Sit next to your friend/relative whom can help you feel included in conversations and can repeat when you miss out on the words.
4. Sit in well-lit areas so that you can see their facial expressions and lips for visual clues. Your ability to see and follow someone’s lips can play a critical role in helping your brain better process what you are hearing.
5. Speak up. If the music is playing too loud, its okay to ask the host to turn it down. Don’t be afraid to let people know how they can help make the gathering easier for you.
6. Sit in a good spot. It is helpful to sit with a wall behind you and at the corner in a restaurant. Do engage your directional microphone from your phone when necessary.
7. If speaking over the phone is difficult, live video chat instead of calling friends and family. Your ability to see the person you are talking to and follow their lips and gestures can aid your hearing and understanding of the conversation. (Google Hangouts, Skype or Facetime are free apps that you can use).
8. Relax and enjoy – Thanks to the tremendous advancements in hearing aid technology, the modern hearing aid combines elegance with sophistication. Their features deliver outstanding hearing so that wearers can hear effortlessly throughout the day.
Last but not least, We would like to wish you and your family GONG XI FA CAI!