For most people the onset of hearing loss is a slow gradual process. Many a times, it happens without the person even realising it. As a result many people do not get help for their hearing until a significant hearing loss is present. This would of course make the rehabilitation harder as it takes time for the person to adjust to hearing everything once again.
- You often ask people to repeat themselves
- You may experience ringing sounds in your ears
- Your family complains that you play the radio / TV volume too loud
- You no longer hear household sounds like the ringing of your doorbell or even a dripping of a tap
- You have difficulty understanding conversations in a group or in a noisy place
- People seem to mumble more frequently
- You have trouble understanding all the words in a conversation
- You have been told that you speak too loudly
- You often ask others to speak slowly or clearly
- You find telephone conversations increasingly difficult
- You have trouble hearing when your back is turned to a speaker
If you are experiencing a few of the signs listed above, it is time to get your hearing checked.